Assistant Vice President - Ceded Reinsurance
- Career Level
Our client, an industry leading carrier consistently celebrated as “Best Place to Work” by Business Insurance magazine, is searching for an Assistant Vice President – Ceded Reinsurance. This is a tremendous career opportunity for an experience Reinsurance professional to move from a Mid-Level management position into the Officer Level, where they will be responsible for administering all aspects of reinsurance placement and analysis in concert with the Treaty Committee. This AVP will also be responsible for supervision of the Ceded Reinsurance Staff. This newly created position reports to the Vice President Ceded Reinsurance and will serve as her back up in actively managing and developing the reinsurance staff providing opportunity for professional growth and building bench strength of the department. Responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders with the organization and appropriately representing the organization to the reinsurance partners.
- Serve as the Ceded Re contact for product development.
- Serve as the Ceded Re contact for Policy Center development.
- In collaboration with the Vice President—Ceded Re, actively seek reinsurance solutions.
- Approve the finalization of reinsurance contracts.
- Participant and/or Chair of strategic and tactical plan initiatives.
- Provide necessary support to various departments on Ceded Reinsurance issues.
- Actively monitor and provide direction for all Ceded Reinsurance related transactions.
- Provide necessary reinsurance education and reinsurance program understanding to non-reinsurance departments.
Bachelor Degree, minimum 10 years in direct reinsurance placement experience, to include Finance/Accounting/Audit experience, along with management experience. ARe designation required.
Full job description available upon request. All inquiries confidential.