Employee Benefits Specialist
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Provide administrative support for assigned Producer, Account Manager and Account Executive.
- Responsible for day to day management of client services and administration of employee benefit plans to include eligibility, claims and billing issue resolution.
- Maintain client database in Brokerage Builder.
- Assist clients when necessary to process all new hires and terminations on benefit plans, ensuring timely employee enrollment and terminations. Follow up with employees and/or client HR department as necessary on enrollment forms and related documentation.
- Interface with clients and carriers on plan administration and account management issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and distill technical information relating to benefits.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding initiative.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Must be well-organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize work, follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize work, follow-up and meet deadlines
- Minimum 1-5 years related experience, preferably in the insurance industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid insurance Accident & Health/Life broker license issued by the state of California (or be eligible to obtain a license)
Apply for Employee Benefits Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly