APD Claims Supervisor
- Career Level
APD Claims Supervisor
Location: Sarasota, FL, Lake Mary, FL, or Lawrenceville, GA (hybrid work schedule available)
About the Company:
Our client is a trusted provider of comprehensive property & casualty coverage in 20 states. We are a successful and growing organization built on the strength of our guiding principles. Doing the right thing and putting people first is the foundation for how we do business. Our client has a reputation for excellence in products, services and employees – and it’s a great place to work!
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a Supervisor or Manager, APD who will be responsible for leading auto property damage (APD) adjusters to ensure timely and effective handling of assigned claims. The leader will oversee daily functions of the team to ensure claims are handled expeditiously, efficiently, and in accordance with State laws and company policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage a team of APD adjusters
- Oversee daily functions of the team to ensure claims are handled expeditiously, efficiently, and in accordance with State laws and company policies and procedures
- Monitor workloads, quality and deadlines of team to ensure established timelines have been met
- Identify potential volume or workflow issues and/or areas where efficiency can be improved and implement changes
- Ensure appropriate and timely investigation; accurate payment of claims; ensures each claim has an appropriate reserve, reserve rational and resolution strategy which allows the claim to be brought to closure at earliest appropriate date
- Communicate regularly with claim leadership on claim / account issues, changes in procedures and results
- Conduct claim quality file reviews as required, analyzes results and communicates with individual staff members on findings and where necessary creates improvement plans
- Investigate and resolve claimant, policyholder and agent inquiries and complaints; informs Claims leadership, of any complaints filed by the Department of Insurance and sees that the complaints are satisfactorily resolved
- Minimum of four years relevant commercial claims experience AND
- Minimum one year in a leadership role.
- Applicable Adjuster’s license.
- Solid working knowledge of the laws based in torts, statutes and contracts.
- Solid working knowledge of Inter-company arbitration procedures.
- Solid working knowledge of judicial and legal systems.
- Solid working knowledge of claims management techniques, processes and fiscal systems.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, define and solve problems; the use of good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to interpret and explain insurance policies and coverages.
- AIC, ACLS or ACLA designation or equivalent coursework or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
Please apply or submit your resume to Callen@Insurancestaffing.com
We value the contributions of a diverse workforce. We're committed to being fair and equitable to all employees and applicants for employment. [Anonymous Insurance Company] prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap, disability and other legally protected classifications