- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location: Sarasota, FL, Lake Mary, FL, or Lawrenceville, GA
About the Company:
Our client is a trusted provider of comprehensive property & casualty coverage in 20 states. We are a successful and growing organization built on the strength of our guiding principles. Our mission, corporate philosophy and core values are all indicators of the ethical manner in which our employees conduct business every day. You will immediately feel the difference of what it is like to be a part of a team that provides value to our customers, as well as continuous learning and career development for our teammates.
About the Position:
We are currently seeking an APD Adjuster to investigate and adjust assigned commercial auto property damage, CGL PD and garage claims. The adjuster will determine liability, secures information, reviews coverages, and settles claims.
- Investigate assigned claims including initial investigation, evaluating coverage, negotiating settlements and setting reserves within authority limits, time standards and company best practices.
- Interpret damage appraisal reports, identifying subrogation opportunities and negotiating claims to successful conclusion or transfer of file to regional adjuster.
- Handle all assigned inventory of claims within departmental guidelines, following Best Practices and our client's policies and procedures for property and casualty claims.
- Work with and may coordinate the work of independent adjusters and miscellaneous vendors in an attempt to handle claims effectively and contain expenses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applicable Adjuster’s license.
- One year business experience with commercial or personal lines claims or six months as Claim Adjuster Trainee.
- Solid working knowledge of insurance claim procedures, rules, systems, and regulations.
- Solid working knowledge of claim file management techniques and processes.
- Solid working knowledge of automobile repair techniques, interpreting written damage appraisals.
- Basic knowledge of multi-state jurisdictions and statutes.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, define and solve problems; the use of good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to learn to interpret and explain insurance policy coverage as applicable to the area of claims handling.
Competitive salary Excellent benefits package
Please apply or submit your resume to Callen@InsuranceStaffing.com
We value the contributions of a diverse workforce. We're committed to being fair and equitable to all employees and applicants for employment. Our client prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap, disability and other legally protected classifications.