Commercial P&C Trucking Liability Claims Examiner
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Commercial P&C Trucking Claims Examiner
Seeking a PERM REMOTE from Home Commercial Bodily Injury/Property Damage Trucking Liability Claim Specialist
This Role involves investigating and resolving:
3rd party Trucking bodily injury and property damage liability litigated claims.
To name a few essential duties, you will be experienced in reviewing, verifying and investigating assigned claims, interviewing involved parties, witnesses and unrepresented claimants; as may be required, will need to attend settlement conferences and mediations. This role also entails your timely response to extensive legal discovery demands, interrogatories and requests for production of documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a two-year college degree with demonstrated continued learning
- At least three years related high exposure liability claims experience either in the transportation industry or similarly from a commercial trucking insurer perspective
- CPCU or Certificate in Risk Management a plus
- Florida adjuster license required. Must qualify for multi-state licensing
- Must have a valid driver's license
Some examples of REQUIRED SKILLS include:
- An understanding of auto liability, general liability, physical damage, UM/UIM, No Fault (PIP) insurance coverage and WC liens
- Recognition of electronic discovery and preservation of evidence
- Display sound negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Maintain multi-state licensing, CE credits and stay current with the trucking industry
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and PDF document formats
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S. or Canada
ESSENTIAL DEPT. REQUIREMENTS
- Obtain and preserve shipping documents, driver logs, history, equipment records, corporate safety procedures and policies, etc.
- Identify liability issues, need for experts, extent of related injuries and property damages, applicable statutes and formulate a liability assessment setting a strategy for resolution
- Comply with reporting to ISO, OFAC, MVTIS, FMCSA, CMS, etc.
- Ensure timely response to litigation filings, subpoenas and legal motions
- Report high severity cases to Claim Director for possible transfer
- Monitor litigation activity, respond to formal requests for production and other discovery requests
- Negotiate final resolution with claimants or their legal representatives, considering ADR forums
- Review and process justified claim and litigation expenses
- Identify potential fraud indicators for potential SIU assignment
- Obtain settlement agreements, approved releases or suit dismissals on claim resolutions
A Great Opportunity with established growing company - Apply now with your updated resume and availability.
Salary range based on experience and geographic location up to $65K, with great benefits and growth opportunity.
Apply for Commercial P&C Trucking Liability Claims Examiner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly