Adjuster-3rd party GL, Commercial & Residential Property SR Adjuster--PERM
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
SR 3rd Party General Liability / Commercial & Residential Property Claims Examiners- PERM
We have a client that has an immediate need for a full-time Senior Claims Examiners in their offices on the East Coast of US: Florida and New Jersey. Possibility to work remote if not near one of their offices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- at Senior Level
1) claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge: Commercial and Residential 3rd Party Property Claims
2) functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions,
3) demonstrated advanced verbal and written communications skills,
4) demonstrated advanced analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Investigate, evaluate and determine settlement value or denial of liability for severe to major level claims.
- Make recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level.
- Prepare comprehensive reports as required. Identify and communicate specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management.
- Ability to compose coverage letters such as Reservation of Rights and Coverage Denials.
- Manage the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adhere to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment.
- Document and manage claims (i.e.: record statements, update diaries, write reports) from inception to closure.
- Ensure appropriateness of all payments.
- Coordinate and work with a vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Capability to adjust Moderate to Large Residential and Commercial Property losses.
- Facilitate between claimants, clients, brokers and attorneys in resolution of liability claims.
- Exchange information with clients, claimants, insurance brokers, inspectors, producers and account managers.
- Conduct quarterly claim reviews with the client.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma required, college degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years complex/major claims coverage experience, specifically third party residential building property claims
- Experience with general liability tort law, civil procedure and contract law
- Knowledge of general liability insurance principles, codes, procedures and liability concepts
- Familiarity with labor and material costs to evaluate repair estimates
- Experience with insurance laws, codes and procedures
- Understanding of medical, legal terminology and liability concepts
- If located in Florida – FL license required upon hire. If located in another state, adjuster license must be obtained within 180 days. NY, CA, FL Adjuster's License ideal in advance of hire.
- Understanding of premise liability and risk transfer concepts
- Proficiency in investigation and resolution of minor to medium level BI and PD general liability damage claims
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and experience navigating various computer systems, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook and database management. CLAIMSXPRESS knowledge preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Valid Driver’s license and availability for local travel
Excellent Company Benefits
Income Protection Benefits -- Medical & Prescription Benefits --Heath Savings Account (HSA)-- Medical Benefits -- Dental Benefits-- Vision Benefits -- Additional Plans -- Contributions
Apply for Adjuster-3rd party GL, Commercial & Residential Property SR Adjuster--PERM
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly