Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Be the CEO of Your Territory!
As a Business Development Underwriter at ICW Group you are the main point of contact for agents and brokers. Overseeing both underwriting and marketing initiatives ensures you grow to become your agents' business partner. You decide how to go about fostering relationships and building your book of business.
You will have the opportunity to establish collaborative relationships with agencies and producers to understand the external marketplace and underwrite within established guidelines. This role will evaluate routine business for risk acceptability, matching price to exposure, loss frequency, and severity for profitability, and rating plans/modifications for renewal retention. This role exists to ensure that the Company's marketing and producer management objectives are met, through the generation and maintenance of a profitable book of business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Drives and manages a profitable and growing book of business.
- Sells, services, and maintains a producer force that can sell and control a profitable and growing book of business.
- Monitors production and quality of assigned producers.
- Drives profitable sale of the Company's products including increasing sales of existing products and introducing new products as they are developed.
- Develops the assigned producer group to improve the quality and quantity of the business we obtain from assigned producers.
- Keeps alert to industry changes, including WCIRB/NCCI rulings, forms, and coverage changes.
Prospects and develops new business.
- Prospects and prequalifies new producers to determine working relationship.
- Appoints new quality producers; sets and monitors production expectations with each Agency.
- Attains a thorough knowledge of the geographic territory assigned with regard to production sources, competitor activity, and economic and demographic idiosyncrasies.
- Produces marketing research to help identify opportunities for management, product enhancements, new distribution channels, and new geographic markets with growth potential.
- Utilizes underwriting authority to effectively price Company's products.
- Accepts or rejects simple to slightly complex risks, evaluating all risk characteristics (operations, financials, management, employees, prior experience, etc.) as compared to the average in its class and price for profit within Company Underwriting guidelines.
Delivers superior customer service through collaborative relationships.
- Provides productions support through producer visitations and by participating in underwriting and production presentations.
- Provides personal assistance to agents and insureds through regular visits to outside locations such as producer's offices.
- Maintains communication with customers through the use of Company technology.
- Communicates decisions and resolve agent/customer concerns promptly.
- Presents Agency Management solutions to agency principals and ICW management team.
- Serves as the primary Company contact and representative with existing and prospective producers.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
Requires travel, usually limited to automobile but occasional air travel is required. Requires regular visits to outside locations such as producer's offices.
Looking for someone located in Virginia.
This description is a general statement of essential job functions and responsibilities. The position may include other duties as assigned.
The salary range listed for this position, $86,247.55 to 145,450.54, is exclusive of fringe benefits and potential bonuses. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire towards the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a substantial benefits package outlined below.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans and company match
- Bonus potential for all positions
- Paid Time Off with an accrual rate of 5.23 hours per pay period (equal to 17 days per year)
- 10 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.