The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for an Excess and Coverage Senior Technical Claims Specialist as part of our Excess, Coverage and Specialized Claims Unit. In this role, under moderate direction, you will handle a book of Commercial Casualty Excess/Umbrella claims, throughout the entire claimslife cycle. Additionally, you will be responsible for conducting investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
This is a remote position. Please note, you will be required to go into the office twice a month if you reside within 50 miles of one of the following offices: Bala Cynwyd, PA; Boston, MA; Hoffman Estates, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Lake Oswego, OR; Las Vegas, NV; Plano, TX; Suwanee, GA; Syracuse, NY; Tampa, FL; or Weatogue, CT. Please note this policy is subject to change.
Senior Technical Claims Specialist I Salary: $91,800-171,100
Annual FTO Days Accrual: 2.0 days per month, up to 20 days per year
- Analyzes, investigates, and evaluates the loss to determine coverage and claim disposition. Utilizes Claims systems to document claims and to diary future events or follow-up.
- Within prescribed settlement authority for the line of business, establishes appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy. Makes recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level.
- Prepares comprehensive reports as required. Identifies and communicates specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management and underwriting.
- Manages the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adheres to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment.
- Monitors the case resolution process. Actively participates in mediations and arbitrations, within limit of settlement authority.
- Participates in Claims audit process.
- May provide claims marketing services by participating in meetings with brokers, risk managers and reinsurers.
- As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses.
- Bachelors' and/or advanced degree or equivalentexperience. 7+ years claims/legal experience; or in a related field and at least 2 years experience within a technical specialty role preferred.
- Functional knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge.
- Functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices