This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Reinsurance Claims (Grade J)
Support the department goals of managing and maintaining a department of the highest quality claim professionals to provide internal and external client servicing through efficient and effective claims handling and quality customer service. Responsible for the claims handling of assigned accounts, assisting actuarial, underwriting and finance in understanding the losses and loss development.
Responsible for adherence to the claims processes and procedures with respect to file creation, reporting, reserving and auditing necessary for assigned businesses and accounts.
Salary range 70-90K
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review incoming mail and triage for further claim handling, including escalation to managers as necessary;
- Ensures all assigned claims are promptly and properly documented, reserved and payment processed in a timely manner;
- Participate in the audit process by assisting managers with preparing for and completing audits/reports;
- Assisting claims team to ensure that claims diary is kept current, including requesting updates as necessary;
- Maintain an informational reporting structure with other members of the Claims team;
- With the other members of the Claims team, assist with monitoring loss accumulations to ensure consistency and appropriate evaluation of potential impact of market wide losses;
- Communicate with underwriters/brokers/ceding companies as required on account and claim specific requests for information, cession issues and potential coverage issues;
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- 1 – 3 years experience in primary and/or reinsurance claims;
- Good communication: verbal and writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Working knowledge of legal processes and laws applicable to insurance claims;
- Able to work in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SICS systems helpful
- 3 day a week in office hybrid work schedule
- Detailed oriented
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of 65K to 90K. The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location. In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.