About the Role
Private, independent business with strong backers and a commitment to be the best possible partner for entrepreneurial insurance talent. They offer start-up funding, infrastructure, risk capital, and A+ rated paper plus experienced guidance and support for strong carrier Program Underwriters, and have a strong interest in talent acquisition through team lifts which may consist of an underwriter or underwriters interested in starting their own MGA with the capital and operational support from the group.
We seek highly specialized insurance carrier Underwriting Program Managers with a profitable niche program and strong background in exposure trends, underwriting, insurance policy forms, regulatory filings, and legal and financial matters. Someone who has built a profitable program and looking to go out on their own.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure adherence to detailed underwriting guidelines
- Evaluate the quality of risks
- Responsible for the financial performance of program book of business
- Lead, develop, and mentor team of underwriters
Skills & Experience
- Must be able to closely collaborate with back-office functions like actuarial, claims, and loss control, as well as successfully navigate operating structure
- Proficiency in underwriting
- Record of profitability
- Excellent reputation in market
- Must be entrepreneurial
- Proficient in using state-of-the-art technology solutions to capture and analyze diverse data elements
Base salary, bonus, equity