Step into the world of Gallagher Bassett, where risk management becomes a canvas of possibilities. Join our growing team of dedicated professionals who guide those in need to the best possible outcomes for their health and wellbeing. As a steward of trust, you'll be part of a resilient team, armed with cutting-edge technology and a relentless pursuit of a better way. Together, we will redefine the boundaries of excellence and elevate the industry to unprecedented heights. GUIDE. GUARD. GO BEYOND.
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you're close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. Introduction
YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Join a team of skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take outstanding performance to heart!
- Accelerate your career development with a diverse range of experiences across multiple coverages, jurisdictions, industries, and risks!
*This is a Proximity Based Role - you must reside in the Chicago Metro Area.*
How you'll make an impact
As a member of an experienced Claims Adjuster team, you will investigate, evaluate, and resolve complex workers compensation claims in one or more of Gallagher Bassett's specialty claims areas with minimal direct supervision, engaging your analytical skills to make decisions and bring claims to resolution.
HOW WILL YOU AFFECT THE BUSINESS?
- Exercise accurate discernment and decision-making to analyze claims exposure, to plan the proper course of action and to appropriately resolve the claim.
- Interact extensively with various parties involved in the claim process. About you
- Handle claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and standard methodologies in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Document and communicate claim activity timely and efficiently and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years related claims experience required working within the applicable specialty claims area or demonstrated ability to handle unique/challenging claims issues
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices
- Computer experience with related claims and business software
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ten or more years of prior experience adjusting Commercial Property Claims
- High Level of Field Experience specifically with Commercial Large Losses
- Experience Working with Vendors – Architects, Engineers, Building Consultants
- Experience Handling All Perils including Business Interruption Claims
- Xactimate or any other estimating software
- Large Loss Reporting
- Estimate Reconciliation
- Litigation Experience
#LI-DF1 Additional information
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function), training programs, matching gift program, and more.