At Risk Placement Services, we're more than just a team – we thrive on collaboration, creativity, and tackling challenges head-on. Our culture fosters an environment where every idea counts, and every individual's contribution matters. Step into a world of excitement and innovation as we work with top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Unleash your potential and join our spirited team, where you'll have the freedom to explore and the support to grow.
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you're close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. Introduction
The Underwriter/Broker is responsible for driving revenue growth by providing Retail Agents with a highly responsive underwriting capability and access to national markets through relationships with Specialty Carriers.
- Prospect for new business by actively networking and building relationships with Independent Retail Agents and Carrier Underwriters to achieve production goals.
- Build strong relationships with Specialty Carriers to ensure competitive pricing and access to coverage on various types of risk.
- Pre-qualify submissions and ensure focus on high probability sales opportunities, while following Carrier guidelines to maintain a profitable book of business.
- Develop and maintain deep expertise on insurance solutions for specific product lines, industry segments and business types.
- Analyze submissions from Retail Agents and quickly determine the best available Carrier, coverage, forms and premium.
- Gather information on client risks and determine potential areas of exposure RPS could also quote.
- Proactively stay abreast on relevant industry and market trends that impact underwriting guidelines, pricing and premiums.
- Ensure business partners understand RPS' full-range of risk solutions as their business needs evolve.
- May be assigned a support team to lead, train and oversee work product.
- Able to travel as needed.
How you'll make an impact
- Detail-oriented; strong analytical skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate urgency in driving towards production goals.
- Sets challenging revenue growth goals and develops and executes sales plans to ensure success.
- Leverages data and tools to identify client risks and develop a comprehensive insurance solution.
- Sets a high standard for responsiveness and commitment to meet the needs of Retailers and their clients.
- Conveys insurance and risk management expertise in ways that build trust, credibility and establishes RPS as the “one source” insurance provider.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years related work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Home state P&C license, or willing to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
Required: Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office. Additional information
Behaviors: Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function), training programs, matching gift program, and more.