Step into the world of Gallagher Bassett, where risk management becomes a canvas of possibilities. Join our growing team of dedicated professionals who guide those in need to the best possible outcomes for their health and wellbeing. As a steward of trust, you'll be part of a resilient team, armed with cutting-edge technology and a relentless pursuit of a better way. Together, we will redefine the boundaries of excellence and elevate the industry to unprecedented heights. GUIDE. GUARD. GO BEYOND.
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you're close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. Introduction
Gallagher Bassett Technical Services (GBTS) division is seeking a "Construction Safety Loss Control Consultant" needed on a per assignment basis in their Chicago Regional area.
How you'll make an impact
- It will be a W-2 position. We are not able to do 1099 or C2C.
- You must meet our U.S. Eligibility requirements for work authorization as noted under "Additional Information" at the bottom of the job description.
- This position pays $50/hr.
- Conducts multi-line and / or specialty loss and operational analysis to achieve successful implementation of complex risk improvement programs.
- Contributes to business growth and retention goals by ensuring client risk improvement needs are addressed, demonstrating high understanding of client business, risk and risk profile.
- Establishes project plans to achieve results appropriate for business revenue level and/or within budget then execute them with professional and consistent deliverables, demonstrating improvement through metrics in gaps and deficiencies with relevant stakeholder communications including quarterly/ annual success stories.
- Contributes to company's growth strategy by integrating framework into client interactions to differentiate company, retaining clients, expanding existing accounts, through efficient and cost-effective service delivery; Proactively managing renewals to take advantage of company products or services that deliver a high-quality risk solution for clients.
- Active engagement and participation in Account Planning Services (APS), working groups and strategic reviews.
- Actively contributes to growth strategy implementation and continuous improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience; 5 years' related experience in Safety, Risk, or Insurance.
- Minimum 10 -years' experience in construction and safety management.
- Minimum 5-years' experience specifically in safety on schools or university projects.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses and/or certifications in all states where business is conducted.
- Safety training.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Moderate travel required, including some overnight travel. Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft and work outside or normal business hours as required.
- Ability to perform work on varied customer properties; entails negotiating non-public access areas, climbing, lifting, sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational or Industrial Safety, Fire Protection, Risk Management preferred; and certifications or ability to achieve within the first 18 months in the following are preferred: Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Interfaces effectively with management, clients, account teams and partners.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information. Understands industry trends and governmental regulations.
- Efficiently organizes work and manages time in order to meet deadlines.
- Exercises discretion in confidential matters and uses independent judgment.
#LI-FB1 Additional information
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function), training programs, matching gift program, and more.