The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
An Auto Damage Adjusting Consultant is responsible for performing guidance and oversight to employees of first and third party auto claims and support Claims leaders to ensure consistency and objectivity in our claim handling. This person is responsible for conducting quality reviews for appropriate coverage and subrogation investigation, damage determination and estimation, and compliance with claim processes.
- Ensure claim evaluation accuracy by reviewing files submitted for authority by adjusters or processors when claim amount exceeds their respective authority limit
- Authority is provided upon determination of proper coverage and subrogation investigation, damage determination and estimate accuracy
- If authority requires adjustment or guidance, consultant will provide feedback and coaching to employee and leader to assure propriety of handling and resolution of claim
- Perform open and closed claim audits of complex files (may include full file, partial file, and transactional audits)
- Provide recommendations to adjusters or leaders about claim value, quality or trends
- Review file quality and accuracy of claims system input
- Collaborate with leadership regarding file review results and assist in developing strategies to improve performance of both employees and vendors
- Analyze and evaluate complex claim processes or procedures and explain information and analysis based on research
- Assess and identify areas of opportunity based on expertise and observations and facilitate knowledge transfer
- Leverage the Continuous Improvement tools to support enhanced business performance
- Minimum 18 months of experience writing auto damage estimates
- Proficiency using auto estimating programs such as CCC One, Audatex, and Mitchell
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers
- Strong attention to detail and ability to write precise and comprehensive estimates
- Comfortable with utilizing technology and various platforms for claims processing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and/or tasks effectively
Notice of Licensing Requirement
- As a condition of employment, you may be expected to obtain an adjusters license in multiple markets
- All required licenses will need to be obtained within 60 days of hire
- You must maintain all licensing required for your role. This includes any continuing education and/or other state-affiliated requirements for licensing renewal
- This role offers a$1,000 sign on bonus if you have an active appraiser license or active adjuster license in TX, FL, or your resident state (current employees and candidates who have previously worked for and are seeking to be rehired at Allstate and its family of companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus)
This position is a remote home-based role. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents.
When you work from home full time, youll need:
- a dedicated workspace in your residence that is private and free from distractions
- a minimum internet bandwidth of 50 MB down/5 MB up
- appropriate work surface and seating
What will Allstate provide?
- A technology bundle that includes all equipment needed to perform your work from home (laptop, monitors, headset, keyboard, mouse)
- Connectivity reimbursement of $80 per month to offset some of the cost of internet.
Allstate cares about you and your wellbeing. We offer a comprehensive total rewards package that includes pay, benefits, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life. You can choose whatever benefits are most important you. Here are some of our offerings:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Allstate pension plan and 401(k) savings plan
- Ayco financial coaching
- Spring Health mental and emotional wellbeing resources
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness incentives
- Allstate Foundation donation match and grant opportunities
To learn more about our benefits and programs visit AllstateGoodLife.com
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$59,250.00-$100,200 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.