Our Commercial Lines department is seeking a Premium Auditor with strong organizational and time management skills.
The auditor will be responsible for performing audits of Commercial Lines policies in accordance with company, industry and government rules and regulations in order to establish appropriate classifications, exposures and basis of premium for each insured.
This position is a hybrid role working out of the West Trenton office.
- Conducting Premium Audits on Commercial Lines policies, with the majority being Workers' Compensation policies.
- Performing a thorough review of the policyholder's records to identify the insured's exposures to the coverage provided.
- Verifying employer classes, claimant information, tax identification numbers, and payroll for the audit period, as well as other appropriate information required to ensure a complete and thorough audit.
- Documenting and processing the audit to explain deviations when compared to prior audit results and changes in the insured's exposures within established guidelines.
- Interacting and building rapport with the policyholder.
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Loss Prevention, Workers' Compensation Claims, Special Investigations Unit to ensure policyholders and department management are aware of and understand audit variances.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Knowledge of Accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation, General Liability and/or premium audit procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Strong verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Analytical decision-making capabilities are required.
- Insurance Industry Experience.
- APA (Associate in Premium Auditing).
- CIPA (Certified Insurance Premium Auditor).
- ARM (Associate in Risk Management).
- CPCU (Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter).
Legal Disclaimer: NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.