The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team thats working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. The Solaria Engineering team works in close partnership with Solaria Labs, Liberty Mutuals global incubation lab, where we deliver innovative solutions to leading problems in the insurance industry.
Weve already launched a few products since we started for examples, seewww.getcertainly.com and libertyplus.libertymutual.com. We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are a team of innovators who are passionate about technology and are willing to experiment with the latest open-source technologies. Check us out at www.solarialabs.com!
Why you may enjoy working at Solaria Labs:
As a Software Development co-op in the Solaria Engineering organization, you will design and implement software solutions to solve complex problems. You will have the opportunity to use your development skills to develop and demonstrate disruptive and transformational products as part of an agile development team. Were looking for strong starters who place less emphasis on planning and more emphasis on building.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in ideation and product design.
- You want to directly work with the business, marketing and user experience teams and be involved with the day-to-day decision making on products.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes and have a start-up mentality.
- You may also enjoy building custom algorithms, digging into data for insights, building engaging interfaces and always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups.
Youre good at and offer:
- Familiar with software development best practices, including continuous build/integration frameworks, test tools, source code control systems, dependency management tools.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with significant uncertainty, applying test and learn with rapid iterations to converge on a solution.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
Location: Solaria Labs, Boston, MA
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or other related technical programs.
- Strong technical, analytical, communication, & organizational skills.
- Experience with information systems, software applications and analyzing quantitative information.
- You have a proven track record of academic success.
- You are fully authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-equity-inclusion/
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discriminationon the basis ofrace, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
**This position may have in-office requirements depending on candidate location.**
Fair Chance Notices