The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Position: Director, Actuary, Mobility Analytics
The Auto Analytics team is seeking a Director, Actuary to lead the Mobility Analytics team within US Retail Markets. This role develops indications, pricing analysis, and recommendations for each mobility account, interfaces with pricing actuaries at our customers, monitors and evaluates overall profit and growth results across segments, develops inputs to financial plan, and contributes analytical support to key Mobility strategic initiatives to ensure we deliver target profitability for the Mobility portfolio and position it for future profitable growth.
The Mobility team is responsible for adapting to changing consumer preferences and emerging trends in the transportation of both people and goods and the impacts of those trends on our customers insurance needs. Key segments include ridehail (e.g. Uber, Lyft), goods delivery, autonomous vehicles, next generation vehicle technology, peer-to-peer, micromobility, shared economy, and the evolution of electric vehicles and connectivity.
The role will report directly to the USRM Personal Lines Auto Analytics manager and will lead a team of four actuaries.
- Price individual accounts in the Mobility portfolio, partnering with teams across both USRM and GRS
- Deliver ongoing monitoring and profitability insights
- Provide inputs to help develop the Mobility financial plan
- Support new opportunity development for potential partners in collaboration with peer teams
- Lead efforts to automate, standardize, and improve indication-related tools, share best practices
- Consistently deliver high levels of performance while operating in an environment of ambiguity
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to identify trends, potential issues, and their underlying causes
- Evaluate tactical underwriting and pricing strategies
- Effectively communicate sophisticated financial/actuarial data to varied audiences; appropriately tailor communications based on the audience
- Deliver ridehail profitability reviews
- Establish processes to communicate product performance and identify optimization opportunities
- Communicate regular updates to internal and external leadership
- Manage and develop 4 direct reports
- Bachelor's degree required. Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) designation required, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior managers, operating managers, and others on matters of importance to the business.
- Analytical skills with expert understanding of all actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management of a P&C business.
- Ability to manage a mix of assignments that will be both strategic and tactical.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and build effective relationships.
- Ability to give effective presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead, get work donethrough others, and to select and develop talent
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices