The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
This position is available in listed office locations and will require a hybrid work structure of 2 days in office, 3 days from home.
This position plays an important role in assisting Senior Executives with risk management, achievement of strategic objectives and fulfilling the Companys promise to its policyholders.
As a trusted advisor, the Senior Internal Auditor II builds and cultivates effective business relationships while providing independent value-added audit and aadvisory services. The Senior Internal Auditor II serves as an experienced staff member and leads on audits when needed, conducting independent assessments of Liberty Mutuals internal control environment through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, incorporation of data
analytics, and innovative audit testing procedures.
- Participates in completing and guiding audit staff through risk analysis, control identification, and audit program step development and testing. Able to conclude on the effectiveness of controls independently and through the review of work completed by others.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough understanding of project management skills ensuring audits meet department minimum requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by in-charging and/or performing testing on more than one audit concurrently.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of more complex business processes and continues development of technical and more advanced analytical skills to understand highly complex business processes.
- Interprets the associated risks and develops testing approach, and proposes solutions. Leads risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development.
- Furthers insurance industry knowledge and demonstrates proficiency in the departments audit methodology as well as the Companys Business Units processes and systems.
- Provides guidance and on-the-job training to assigned team members to ensure these capabilities are employed when completing assigned audits.
- Effectively communicates control weaknesses to Operational Management. Makes sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Contributes to continuous improvement (CI) efforts. Leads complex root cause problem solving efforts and participates in department-wide CI efforts.
- Demonstrates proficiency in data analysis concepts and practices. Effectively conducts data analysis to facilitate audit scoping and testing and to identify opportunities to streamline and automate processes.
- Takes an active role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members.
- A Bachelor`s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent training along with three to five years of audit or relevant business experience are required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of internal audit practices and financial and operational process documentation.
- Demonstrates a highly skilled ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively lead/develop an audit team of peers, analyze and solve complex problems, conduct research, and express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of business ethics.
- Experience using data analytics and visualization software such as ACL software (Audit Command Language),Power BI, Python etc. is preferred.
- Has demonstrated progress towards completing the CIA exam.
- The completion of other insurance or audit related certifications is a plus.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices