This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
How does this role contribute to our collective success?
The Pricing function supports underwriters and management in building robust and profitable portfolios by providing objective insights through deep product expertise and by utilizing state-of-the-art functional capabilities.
The Cyber Pricing team is responsible for all pricing analytics for Cyber & Tech E&O across AXIS with a focus on applying common analytical standards to drive consistency in case pricing, performance measurement, and portfolio steering across business units underwriting these products.
The US Cyber Pricing Lead leads the front-end Underwriting support for US Insurance Cyber & Tech E&O business units and has detailed knowledge of these portfolios which results in insightful analytics to support overall product strategy and goals.
What will you do in this role?
• Maintain, enhance, and recalibrate pricing models in response to new information but at least annually, and provide formal training and ad hoc support to underwriters on how to use the models.
• Prepare rate filing support materials for any new admitted products or for any rate plan changes to existing admitted products and respond to subsequent rate related state objections.
• Support individual transactions and perform case pricing in line with pricing governance, as needed.
• Deliver quarterly product monitoring analyses to identify any profitability issues and / or business opportunities, assist underwriters in developing subsequent action plans, and monitor progress against agreed actions.
• Review quarterly exposure data and accumulation modelling results against risk appetite and business unit capacity allocation to steer the portfolio in line with set product strategy and goals.
• Analyze and report on rate change and price adequacy monthly and loss trends quarterly to advise on the impact of changes in the rating and claims environment on portfolio performance.
• Develop detailed annual business unit plans and accompanying assumptions that account for strategy actions, capacity constraints, market rates, loss trends, and emerging experience.
• Manage a small team of actuarial pricing analysts.
You may also be required to take on additional duties, responsibilities and activities appropriate to the nature of this role.
We encourage you to bring your own experience and expertise to the table, so while there are some qualifications and experiences, we need you to have, we are open to discussing how your individual knowledge might lend itself to fulfilling this role and help us achieve our goals.
What you need to have:
• Associateship or Fellowship of an accredited Actuarial Society, or commensurate experience
• Capability to build and maintain models in Excel VBA, and query databases using SQL
• Ability to build relationships, collaborate and establish credibility with all stakeholders
• Adaptive communication style with the ability to communicate results from actuarial analyses to non-technical audiences at all levels, including senior management
• Growth mind-set with a desire to seek diverse thought, learn from others and share knowledge
What we prefer you to have:
• Knowledge of Cyber exposures, coverages, and accumulation models
• Ability to use R or Python for statistical analyses and data manipulation
• Want to proactively challenge the status quo and develop innovative ideas
In this role, you will typically be required to:
• Travel domestically once per quarter
• Be in the office 3 days per week
• Meet with brokers and clients, occasionally in the evening
• Attend industry events
What we offer:
For this position, we currently expect to offer a base salary in the range of USD $165k to $200k (NY). Your salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including your specific experience and work location.
In addition, you will be offered competitive target incentive compensation, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, you will be eligible for a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for you and your family, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.
Where this role is based in the United States of America, this role is Exempt for FLSA purposes.