The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
As a multi-strategy investment firm managing over $100 billion in assets, Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) plays a critical role in shaping the financial future of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. Liberty Mutual, a global Fortune 100 property/casualty insurer owned by its policyholders, is dedicated to delivering insurance as a social good to mitigate risks for individuals and businesses worldwide.
Our diverse investment portfolio spans fixed income, public equity, private equity, private credit, venture capital, real estate, and energy transition, among others. LMI's goal is to generate capital that empowers Liberty Mutual to fulfill its strategic objectives and meet the needs of its policyholders, enabling us to win with purpose, together.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Analyst within the Portfolio Management function of our Strategy and Asset Allocation team at Liberty Mutual Investments. In this position, you will play a critical role in executing short- and long-term asset allocation strategies, monitoring portfolio positioning, and directly supporting management of select mandates.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of our portfolio management efforts and collaborate with cross-functional teams focused on macro/asset class research, asset allocation, and insurance solutions.
- Execute short- and long-term asset allocation strategies across the general account and pension mandates.
- Monitor and align aggregate positioning, ensuring execution of asset allocation targets.
- Evaluate portfolio positioning against short-term views and long-term asset allocation targets.
- Directly support management of mandates within a Completion Portfolio for strategic asset allocation positioning, dynamic rebalancing, and funding liquidity management.
- Conduct comprehensive research to design and build robust quantitative models for simulating portfolio evolution.
- Conduct due diligence on external portfolio managers and draft research notes for the asset allocation committee.
- Monitor industry news sources, attend conferences, interview management teams, and interact with sell-side research teams.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field. Advanced degree or professional certification (e.g., CFA) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in portfolio management, asset allocation, or related roles within an insurance asset management firm or similar financial institution.
- Strong proficiency in Python and experience developing quantitative models.
- Knowledge of investment-related software and tools such as MS Office, Bloomberg, BlackRock Aladdin & eFront, as well as with Snowflake databases.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence and communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work on nebulous tasks.
- Professional maturity, openness to feedback, and the ability to advocate for a point of view while considering other perspectives.
**This position may have in-office requirements depending on candidate location.**
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices