The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
The Inside Catastrophe team is responsible for investigating and resolving property claims which cannot be completed in the regional field property groups. As an Inside Catastrophe adjuster, you will be responsible for the investigation, analysis, and partnership with Field Adjusters and/or Independent Adjusters to resolve channeled Property loss claims within assigned authority limits and consistent with policy and legal requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional level of service to our customers when they need us the most.
To be considered for this position, you are required to reside within 50 miles of Liberty Mutual's Plano, TX or Orlando, FL office.
If you reside within 50 miles of a claims office, you will be required to maintain in office presence as required by the line of business.
This is a hybrid desk position, not a field position, meaning you will be required to be in office at least 2 days per month for occasional collaborative meetings. Our in-office strategy continues to evolve and could require more or less time in the office in the future.
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory. During training you will be required to be in office 2 days per week until you become more proficient in the role.
- Under guidance, partner closely with field adjustors and/or independent adjustors to investigate and determine appropriate coverage for Property claims while providing exceptional customer service throughout the life cycle of the claim.
- Investigate claim damages and situation using internal and external resources. Investigation steps include speaking with the insured or other involved parties, requesting and receiving a field investigation report, research on past claim activity, research on external websites for CAT event confirmation.
- Determine policy coverage, sets reserves, and determine whether a claim will be approved or denied, including recommendations made by independent and/or field adjustors. Clearly explains coverage to customer and notify insured of coverage or any issues.
- Handle supplements and refers others as appropriate.
- Work with and may coordinate a number of vendor services, according to the appropriate coverage, such as contractors, experts, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services while ensuring the customer is appropriately communicated to.
- Maintain accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the life cycle of claim cases.
- Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim
- Make recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits. Close claim files upon completion of final payment.
- Participate in suit committees, roundtables, arbitrations, and mediations.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of claims experience with full-file ownership.
- Requires working knowledge of claims handling procedures and operations.
- Understands and can write structural damage estimates of channeled Property losses of low complexity.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgement
- Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and at least 1 year of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-equity-inclusion/
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discriminationon the basis ofrace, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices