Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$81,800.00 - $135,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?
What Will You Do?
- In the handling of a case load of lower complexity matters, your responsibilities will include:
- Acquire knowledge and understand how to develop and apply effective trial skills through increased litigation complexity.
- Provide legal research and demonstrate effective and persuasive legal writing and presentation skills.
- Draft pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other file documents under the supervision of experienced counsel.
- Attend court events and other appointments with or under the supervision of experienced counsel.
- Learn and understand Claim customer's expectations and key department business goals and assists them in meeting those goals.
- Handle a reduced, lower complexity caseload.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Provide recommendations and case analysis to all business partners on appropriate file handling strategy.
- Effectively utilize support staff consistent with office protocols and best practices.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external client relationships.
- Adhere to all best practices in file management.
- Fully and effectively utilize available technology, case management system and automation.
- Travel as required to meet business needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate position.
- Appreciation for, and commitment to, delivery of high-quality legal work.
- Works collaboratively with team members and others.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to professional development.
- Continued development of technical skills with a goal of handling the highest complexity/exposure Major Case Unit (MCU) cases.
- Strong research skills.
- Decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Sense of urgency / responsiveness.
What is a Must Have?
- Juris Doctorate; graduate of an accredited law school.
- Active license in good standing to practice law in the state(s) in which representation is required.
- Valid driver's license required depending on the location.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.