The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
This Atlanta based Underwriting position is a production underwriting role that will contribute to the growth and profitability of our Private, Not-For-Profit Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, and Fiduciary Liability product lines through marketing, underwriting, and general product management. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages, including manuscript policy development. The position demonstrates functional technical knowledge of relevant underwriting concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques, to include; coverage issues, multiple product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place. Territory includes all traditional Southeast states.
This is a hybrid (2 days in the office) for our posted office location.
Underwriter - $63,800 - $81,500. Annual FTO days (Flexible Time Off): 15 days
Underwriter ll - $71,500 - $92,200. Annual FTO days (Flexible Time Off): 15 days
Senior Underwriter: $80,900 - $113,900. Annual FTO days (Flexible Time Off): 20 days
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) applications, financials, loss history, and all other pertinent information at the direction of the manager.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions.
- Establishes and maintains strong professional and personal relationships with the regional brokerage community to facilitate growth of the IronPro book, with the goal of driving new business and maintaining profitable/critical renewals.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters across Liberty Mutual & Ironshore to provide comprehensive all lines whole account solutions where possible.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- All ranges of Commercial Management Liability underwriting experience are welcome to apply.
- Production underwriting experience and a passion for writing new business.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Responsive, outgoing, and personable.
- Drive to be a future leader.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills are also required.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree strongly preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices