The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Groups (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $100 billion in AUM and staffed with 300-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA, we offer the best of both worlds the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment Business Units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. In this role, you will collaborate with business partners to analyze trends and provide insight on our monthly results, and partner with other functional stakeholders to deliver financial expertise, analysis, and insight.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced environment, is proactive and intellectually curious. You will contribute to the organizations success by driving financial reporting that provides transparency into our financial position in support of leadership decision-making.
- Responsible for the accurate, timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual book close cycles, directly supporting the LMIs financial results preparation
- Analyze and report on LMIs financial results, provide drivers and insights that impact LMIs financial results.
- Analyze and research investment results, identify data issues and root causes, and summarize findings to management and various stakeholders.
- Responsible for the quarterly Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) processes, work closely with various stakeholder to understand underlying investments and key drivers on the results
- Responsible for monthly derivatives reporting processes, work closely with investors to understand and properly report various strategies on financial statements
- Understand how data flows through various financial systems and consolidate financial results reported by multiple systems.
- Identify areas for improvements and streamline reporting processes through automation where possible
- Participate in broad projects by providing technical accounting expertise to a larger group.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships within LMI, Corporate Finance and external auditors
- The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level
- Senior Financial Analyst: $73,700- $115,800. Annual FTO days (Flexible Time Off): 15 Lead Financial Analyst: $90,000 - $146,700. Annual FTO days (Flexible Time Off): 20
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CFA or advanced degree with investment background preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting or financial analysis
- Previous experience of derivatives and CECL is strongly preferred
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting quickly to changing conditions to achieve results
- Ability to effectively manage complexity and ambiguity
- Possesses excellent communication skills to influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization to gain support for ideas and execute on projects that deliver value to customers
- Excellent organizational skill
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Supervisory and coaching skills
- Proficiency of MS products
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices