Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Risk Management Consultant to identify and quantify policyholders' hazards, controls, and management as it relates to Workers' Compensation, Commercial Property, and/or Liability risks and communicate information internally. This position exists to develop risk identification and quantification approaches for the organizations' book of business, while mitigating risks for policyholders in a manner that establishes positive relationships with customers and improves the results of the assigned book of business.
This is a field position with administrative work done from home. Travel is required within a territory in and around Modesto or Stockton area to visit policy holders from a variety of industries such as food processing, manufacturing, and construction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Partners with internal stakeholders to sustain claims and underwriting initiatives and grow a profitable book of business.
- Manages a book of business by identifying, quantifying, and prioritizing risks which may include Workers' Compensation, Commercial Property, and/or Liability.
- Schedules company surveys and account service plans within the standard operating procedure.
- Mitigates risk by initiating and implementing complex corrective action recommendations and to service plans.
- Collaborates with underwriting and claims teams to develop, draft and present large account service proposals.
- Performs accident investigations as needed in support of claims and underwriting.
Delivers risk management services to customers to mitigate risk, identify exposures and/or mitigate claim costs.
- Identifies key risks and mitigating factors such workflow, values, legal, ownership structure, professional reputation, customer base or industry segments including assessing business operations risks and analyzing business or company financial data.
- Recommends methods to control or reduce risk based on assessment to customer base.
- Documents and ensures communication of key risks with the preparation of financial documents, reports or data modeling.
Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to retain, augment industry knowledge and regulations surrounding risk management assignments.
- Provides training for clients on risk identification, quantification and control including Management and Supervisor Training.
- Conducts safety training for company employees and co-workers to mitigate risks.
- Consults with clients to answer queries on subjects such as exposure, market scenarios or value-at-risk calculations to educate clients on the varied topics regarding risk management.
- Consults with underwriting to answer questions and provide expertise associated with Workers Compensation and Commercial Package Insurance lines.
- Confers financial literature to ensure use of the latest models or statistical techniques to provide cutting-edge services to companies. Stays up to date with industry knowledge and regulations.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Management, Risk Management, STEM, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in Risk Management or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience completing property surveys, assessing liability risks including premises liability, contractual liability, products liability, and/or completed operations required.
- Required to travel within a set territory to each insureds' office location.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or other comparable certification required. Demonstrated skill proficiency may be considered in lieu of certification.
- Certified Product Safety Specialist (CPSS), Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), CPE, or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) preferred.
- Valid, current driver's license is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Superior working knowledge of risk management policies, processes, and methodologies.
- Insurance industry acumen, required.
- Knowledge or training on commercial package.
- Ability to provide COPE (construction, occupancy, protection, and exposure) information for property exposures.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills. Intermediate to advanced level consulting and understanding of advanced risk management concepts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as agility to learn enterprise resource planning (ERP) software applications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information including codes and regulations.
- Technical aptitude, detail oriented. Superior communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with all others.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment. Critical thinking and influencing skills that effectively drive business needs.
- Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes. Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
- Ability to effectively present information in English and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read and write in English.
- Bi-lingual capabilities are a plus.
The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Requires a level of vision that permits both day and night driving. Ability to climb ladders at job sites and in plant facilities is required. Sitting at airports and on aircraft due to various requirements and delays is necessary. This position includes sitting behind the wheel of a vehicle for various lengths of time.
This position operates in an office/home office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment. Position requires visits to client's locations where meetings are held, tours made of the premises are given and testing is performed or witnessed. Routine travel by auto and periodic overnight travel involving both auto and air. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a variety of industrial equipment, personnel, materials and operations, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. There is the potential for exposure to environmental hazards. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places. Employee may be required to climb ladders or fixed stairs to elevated or depressed levels at risk sites or construction sites. The noise level in the work environment varies depending on the nature of the insured's operations. The noise level can range from minimal to very loud. Employee must wear various Personal Protective Equipment such as: hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and/ or respirators in dust producing operations as needed for the specific hazards at the locations.
The salary range listed for this position, $74,932.01 to $126,367.76, is exclusive of fringe benefits and potential bonuses. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire towards the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a substantial benefits package outlined below.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans and company match
- Bonus potential for all positions
- Paid Time Off with an accrual rate of 5.23 hours per pay period (equal to 17 days per year)
- 10 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.