The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
As a Technical Director for the property line of business the successful candidate will be completing the most complex and high value property surveys and provide coaching to aligned learners in the assigned region while supporting Product Director projects. The Property Technical Director will be aligned closely with the regions underwriting team to provide thorough support.
Survey work will include prospective, new business, renewal, and service type visits. The surveys will consist of preparation, account contact, business and hazard evaluation that could include all lines of business with property exposure being the leading evaluations. The onsite and virtual evaluations will include report writing, recommendation follow up, and underwriting support. The survey and service work will support Liberty Mutual Risk Control initiatives and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual.
Additionally, the role is largely responsible for the training/mentoring of less experienced consultants to improve their property expertise. The Property Technical Director will develop (in conjunction with others) the strategy to identify, address, and improve the regions property skills. The successful candidate will understand the role of emotional intelligence in the coaching process and take ownership of aligned learners.
The role enhances Liberty Mutuals leadership position in the safety field through speaking engagements at conferences, developing key relationships, and publishing safety related articles in professional publications.
In addition to the summary noted above the role will provide the following:
- Provides an array of expert property consultative services to an assigned group of customers within a specialized technical area or territory.
- Have strong generalist skills for GL, Auto, WC, and IM lines of business.
- Will create service plans to reduce the risk of insurable losses and improve retention.
- Works closely with the Risk Control service team to support their initiatives and projects.
- Supports other Risk Control Technical/Service Directors across the Liberty Mutual space to improve the impact of: technology; industry trends and effective methods to reduce risk; improve customer satisfaction and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual.
- Monitors and evaluates the technical quality of reports and loss prevention services provided by less experienced consultants.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and training to enhance lesser experienced consultants development and effectiveness.
- Develops policies, procedures, service tools, technical resources, techniques and new products in order to support and enhance the delivery of loss prevention consulting services.
- Participates in actively acquiring and retaining profitable business. Identifies new business opportunities for loss prevention services and may design and execute programs that improve results and increase the number and quality of services customers choose to buy.
- Enhances Liberty Mutuals leadership position in the safety field and increases brand awareness through speaking engagements at conferences, developing a network of contacts, and/or publishing safety related articles (about one or more specialty areas) in professional publications.
- Be active with NFPA and other professional organizations.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Bachelors degree with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent) and at least 10 years of directly related consulting experience in loss prevention or progressive safety/heath field.
- Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CSP, CFPS, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or CPE.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized field, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills, required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
- Position requires regular travel.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices