The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The "Enterprise Data & Analytics Technology (EDATA) specializes in providing data and data science platforms along with customized analysis solutions to customers around the world with a proven track record for delivering. As part of our Analytics Platforms team, the Lead AWS DevOps Engineer / SAS Viyawill work on implementing enterprise infrastructure solutions supporting our most critical analytics platforms."
The candidate will provide leadership and oversight on design, engineering and development of information technology solutions. Will be responsible for the most complex, multi-site, multi domain activities and integration. Reviews and provides input to architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility. Analyzes highly complex system and technical issues to implement features and enhancements in an iterative way that align with strategic technical direction. Plans and leads execution of architecture migrations. Provides leadership in reviewing the velocity of the team, presenting continuous improvement opportunities for improved product/team performance.
About the job:
- Acts as the lead solution engineer or technical lead responsible for the implementation of approved technologies that align with technical architecture, customer`s business plans and long term strategy.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on systems architecture, project requirements and customer expectations.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contributes to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Mentors staff to develop infrastructure development capabilities.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Infrastructure Engineering experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon VPC, Security Groups & AWS IAM roles
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Managed Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) & Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, & Bamboo
- Minimum of 4 years of SAS 9.4 and SAS Viya experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Extenisve knowledge in infrastructure, cloud based platforms, and development tools.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices