The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced individual with good analytical and sales skills for a Cyber and Technology E&O Professional Liability underwriting position.
Under general supervision, contributes to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product lines through marketing, underwriting and managing of the Cyber/Technology Liability, product. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages, including manuscript policy development. Travel to take client meetings and broker meetings. Demonstrates functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place.
This is considered a hybrid office role for the posted office locations
Senior Underwriter $94,600 - $132,500
Underwriting Specialist $121,300 - $169,600
- Risk Selection: Evaluates or assesses the business applying for insurance by qualifying accounts; identifying, selecting and assessing risks; determining the premium, policy terms and conditions; loss history review; financials review; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker and successfully negotiating deals.
- Agent/Broker Relationships: Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives through successful negotiations. Develops and maintains the relationship through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or enhanced knowledge of their customers businesses. Includes independently marketing Ironshore products to brokers. Travel to take client meetings and broker meetings.
- Portfolio Management: Manages a book of business by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification, and executing marketing plans to increase market share with preferred brokers. Includes new business goals.
- Service Value Proposition: Understands and articulates the specialized services Ironshore can offer our Cyber/Technology liability insureds and how they compare to those provided by our competitors.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters, managers and claims analysts in order to provide comprehensive customer service.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- Leadership: Formally guides, mentors, and coaches underwriters in both technical and professional skills. Demonstrates an area of expertise and provides regular updates to other underwriters.
- Documenting the Deal: Documents files in a way that reflects a solid thought process and decision making through comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participates in continuous improvement by fully engaging in daily huddles, generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles, participating in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.
- Advanced-level knowledge of insurance products/coverage, underwriting, pricing, risk selection, market segments and marketplace; insurance finance and actuarial concepts; loss control/risk engineering; marketing techniques, regulatory environment and reinsurance; advanced-level knowledge of territory management.
- Ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, solve complex problems, establish and build healthy working relationships, lead mentoring relationships, and negotiate, as normally acquired and a related bachelors degree seven to ten years of relevant experience preferred; CPCU or professional insurance designation strongly preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices