Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$35,400.00 - $58,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Do you have a strong desire to help others with life's unpredictable moments? Do you provide a superior customer experience by building an authentic emotional connection with customers and maintaining a high level of professionalism and productivity? If so, join the Travelers Team as a Customer Care Associate.
As the first point of contact for customers, agents, and claimants, the Customer Care Associate provides needed assurance and crisis management while setting the tone for Travelers' Claim experience. By handling a high volume of incoming calls, you will accurately and efficiently capture first notice of loss information and respond to customer inquiries. As you expand your communication, technical, and business knowledge you will have the opportunity to grow your career at Travelers.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
This position is scheduled to start on April 1st, 2024.
We are offering both 1st shift and 2nd shift schedules. All shifts include working Saturday as part of your 5-day work week.
* During the first 8 weeks of training, your schedule will be either 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST or 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday.
* Following training, you will assume your assigned work schedule. We are offering 1st and 2nd shifts. The 1st shift options range from 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. EST or 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST. We are also offering a 2nd shift option which is either 1:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. EST or 2:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. EST. All shifts will include working Saturday.
This position will be based in our Buffalo office and requires all employees being within a commutable distance to that location. Employees working a 1st shift schedule will be on an in-office/hybrid work arrangement which includes 3 in-office days & 2 work-from-home days. Employees working a 2nd shift will work fully remote while on that schedule.
* This position offers a starting base salary of $45,000.
* Eligible for Full Benefits on Day One of employment.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Build and maintain customer satisfaction and trust by graciously listening to denote customer concerns and effectively applying learned product and systems knowledge.
- Adapt and modify communication style to provide a positive, consistent, empathetic, and thorough customer experience.
- Assess a variety of customer situations to ensure appropriate and comprehensive documentation of information following the guidelines of multiple workflows under the corresponding line of business.
- Navigate numerous technological systems and platforms simultaneously to accurately access and input information while interacting with the customer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong ability to maintain composure and flexibility while displaying passion, integrity, commitment, and drive to deliver a positive, differentiated service that improves our customers' lives.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively listen, empathize, build trust, establish rapport, and effectively de-escalate customer issues.
- Self-starter with the ability and drive to continuously learn new skills and flexibly adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Strong multitasking skills including the ability to apply typing skills and system navigation to proactively address customers' needs and concerns.
- Ability to work well in a structured work setting and adhere to a daily schedule including commitment to excellent attendance with proven reliability.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six months of customer service experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.