Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$63,700.00 - $105,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers' Claim Organization is at the heart of our business by providing assurance to our customers during life's rainy days. As a Property Claim Representative you will walk our customers through home and business claims while evaluating damage and negotiating on their behalf. You will leverage your interpersonal and critical thinking skills to evaluate and resolve personal and business property claims. When a catastrophe happens, you will be first to respond while keeping customers' peace of mind a top priority.
The Work Arrangement for this position is based on location.
As of the date of this posting, Travelers anticipates that this posting will remain open until 3/4/2024.
What Will You Do?
- Provide quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle while maintaining full compliance with internal and external standards and state specific regulations. Resolves previously closed 1st party PI and BI Property claims that vary in severity and/or complexity.
- Resolve inquiries from customers, contractors, agents or other participants on open or closed Property claims.
- Participate in our Catastrophe Response Program which could include deployment away for a minimum of 16 days (includes 2 travel days) to assist our customers in other states.
- Complete virtual inspection of losses including accurate scope of damages, photographs, written estimates and/or computer assisted estimates.
- Handle claims and other functional work involving one or more lines of business other than property.
- Acquire and maintain relevant Insurance License(s) to comply with state and Travelers requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Interpersonal and customer service skills - Advanced
- Organizational and time management skills - Intermediate
- Ability to work independently - intermediate
- Judgment, analytical and decision making skills - Intermediate
- Negotiation skills- Intermediate
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to convey and receive information effectively - Intermediate
- Investigative skills - Intermediate
- Ability to analyze and determine coverage - Intermediate
- Analyze, and evaluate damages - Intermediate
- Resolve claims within settlement authority - Intermediate
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Customer Service experience.
- Two years of outside property claim handling experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to use sound judgement to analyze and resolve claims.
- Ability to work independently, manage time, and prioritize multiple claims simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate, convey, and receive information effectively.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of outside property claim handling experience or successful completion of Travelers Outside Claim Representative training program.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.