Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$79,300.00 - $130,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?
The Sr. Consultant, Data Management position is a critical role within the Business Insurance Information Management and Analytics team responsible for supporting Data Governance and Metadata capture and all things Data Management for Business Insurance. The position supports planning & execution activities for Data Management across BI. This person will support multiple relationships, partnering with Business Insurance, Enterprise, Technology and other Data Management professionals across the organization to execute on our Data Management Strategy and ensure adoption across BI. This person needs to be a self starter and is accountable for supporting the adoption of Data Management principles across BI to help drive quality outcomes for business problems.
What Will You Do?
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience with ETL / Data Integration tools, one or more Data platforms, and Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology.
- Experience with one or more of the following Tools and languages - SQL, Teradata, Python, Hive, MicroStrategy, Ab Initio, Messaging, NoSQL.
- Ability to understand metadata management, including metadata management, lineage, and cataloging.
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas and adjust communication based on audience.
- Ability to leverage previous experience to consider a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely, practical, and effective solution to resolve business problems.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with business partners to design and execute priorities and project goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or two years of relevant data and analytics, and/or data management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.