Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Engineer with Java Sprint Boot experience to design and develop scalable front and back-end software solutions with databases, servers, and clients. This position exists is to be part of a cross-functional team responsible for the full software life cycle from conception to deployment.
This position is based out of our Home Office in San Diego, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Manages full life cycle of software development.
- Designs overall architecture of web applications that optimize site functionality.
- Develops and organizes web applications, structure code, and separate files. Sets up proper file hosting and configures servers and databases for website functionality.
- Develops and implements software solutions with the end customer in mind.
- Designs user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture.
- Develops functional databases, applications, and servers to support websites on the back end.
Leads technical collaboration for front and back-end web development.
- Collaborates with the engineering team to design software solutions and launch new features to meet customer needs.
- Interfaces with clients, fellow developers, and other departments to develop full platforms that enhance user experience and functionality.
- Defines and develops application scope and objectives and draws up technical and functional specifications for written documentation.
- Leads design reviews to determine functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems.
Performs technical analysis and testing to improve software solutions.
- Tests software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency. Identifies and solves coding issues.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, and upgrades software.
- Creates security and data protection settings.
- Maintains quality and ensures responsiveness of applications. Maintains code integrity and organization.
- Keeps current with industry best practices, trends, and developments to improve quality and efficiency.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience required as a Full Stack Engineer or similar role.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Experience in development for desktop applications.
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
- Experience in development for mobile applications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge in all stages of software development.
- Familiarity with databases, web servers, and UI/UX designs.
- Proficient in front and back end coding.
- Possess HTML and CSS skills for website content design. Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN. Possess an understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to work independently with excellent organization and time management skills to complete tasks efficiently.
- Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of variables in situations where limited standard rules exist.
The salary range listed for this position, $98,859.84 to $176,960.68, is exclusive of fringe benefits and potential bonuses. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire at the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a substantial benefits package outlined below.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- A flexible work schedule, hybrid and remote opportunities
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.