Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$104,600.00 - $172,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
At Travelers, we create trusted strategic products and services to unlock the power of our data. We enhance and measure our ability to access, govern, manage, connect and integrate internal and external data assets and ensure our employees understand the value of data and the impacts to our business. As a 3rd Party Data Management Lead in our International group , you will influence strategies to promote effective data governance practices to ensure that data is consistent, trustworthy, and doesn't get misused. This position will be focused on some of the following accountabilities.
* External /3rd Party Data Governance.
* Maintain third party inventory and keep the inventory up-to-date across CA
* Conduct periodic reviews of the inventory by engaging stakeholders.
* Manage 3rd Party Data requests from stakeholders.
* Work with country leads to ensure that 3rd Party Data governance
guidelines are followed.
* External 3rd party data product lifecycle.
* Understand and socialize the International 3rd party operating model
* Drive the 3rd party data product evaluation, test data development,
cost/benefit analysis and onboarding efforts
* Support the implementation of approved 3rd party data products by
working with key stakeholders.
* Enterprise alignment/support.
* Represent the International as part of Enterprise 3rd party meetings.
* Ensure that International 3rd party work is defined and executed as per the
What Will You Do?
- Provides strong project management support for 3rd Part Data strategic projects and core activities by developing approach frameworks, work break-down structures, project plans, project check-list and status updates.
- Performs data analysis of 3rd party data sources to support key business plans and goals.
- Manages 3rd party data management tasks within complex, coordinates strategic projects with product departments and business areas.
- Performs advanced data profiling, metadata capture, data lineage, data transformation rules and communicates results in support of 3PD processes.
- Manages the effective implementation and ongoing support, training and communications of new 3PD sources.
- Manages the changes and enhancements in existing environments, systems, workflows, inventories and best practices to support new 3PD sources.
- Participates in the development and continued build out of 3PD Management standards and best practices
- Participates in the data governance process for 3rd party data, preparing artifacts for submission
- Monitors, identifies, investigates, prioritizes, remediates and communicates 3PD data issues and opportunities
- Work with business areas and project team members to understand new business capabilities and perform impact analyses to determine additional 3rd party data requirements, provide data expertise and data as needed.
- Meet with customer to elicit requirements.
- May act as project lead for medium complexity items
- Develop the process of managing the availability, usability, integrity security and privacy of the data.
- Collaborate with partners to design, develop and implementation of innovative governance practices, roles, responsibilities.
- Responsible for procedures, processes, and support the development of remediation plans to assure data quality for business purposes.
- Perform complex data profiling and analysis; communicates results in support of data quality processes.
- Partner with business customers to recommend, develop, maintain and prioritize business data quality requirements, specifications, and rules.
- Define and support the rollout and adoption of metadata repository, data catalog, reference data management, and data lineage capabilities.
- Work with business customers to ensure appropriate naming definitions and standards are being followed.
- Leverage knowledge of data models, data relationships, mapping lineage, business rules and processes to ensure that solutions meet operational and business needs.
- Analyze medium complexity customer requests (internal or external, e.g. data calls) for changes to production systems, determine impact on existing systems, process and develop appropriate specifications, enhancements, and/or procedures to comply.
- Facilitate the root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues, including proposal and implementation of specification or procedural changes to address issue, working with impacted areas.
- Leverage tools, processes, and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance.
- Articulate guiding principles and frameworks that align with the strategic vision.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data.'
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Demonstrated experience with ETL / Data Integration tools, one or more Data platforms, and Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology.
- Experience with SQL.
- Ability to understand metadata management, including metadata management, lineage, and cataloging.
- Ability to effectively contribute and communicate with the immediate team, business partners and functional partners.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to use sound judgement to resolve issues as they arise.
- Ability to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Strong understanding of overall physical and logical data model and of data relationships, mapping, lineage and business rules.
- Strong understanding of emerging trends in knowledge management.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or four years of relevant data and analytics, and/or data management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.