E&S/High values Underwriter
We are currently searching for an Excess and Surplus Underwriter to join our Personal Lines Underwriting Team.
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD offers a collaborative company culture with outstanding benefits and competitive compensation. Our organization is hiring and we're looking for talented individuals to join our team and establish a rewarding career with us.
Our success is founded on our strong reputation, and we have received an A+ “Superior” grade by the leading independent insurance rating organization. Backed by our ultimate parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., our brand is founded upon trust, service, and innovation. If you're looking for an employer with integrity and flexibility, keep reading to learn about our benefits and job openings.
- Work life balance schedule- No Nights or Weekends!
- Hybrid work schedule: Three days in the office, two days from home (if near one of our office locations)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Closed on all major holidays
- Healthcare benefits begin on your first day of employment
- 401K with company match and profit sharing
- Every 5 years employees receive a generous monetary award to be used toward a vacation!
- Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
- Discover opportunities to advance your career
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., one of the world's most admired companies
In this position, you will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and pricing new business for high valued homes based on company standards and within granted underwriting authority.
Candidates must have at least 3 years of prior High Value E&S Personal or Commercial underwriting experience, excellent communication skills, solid computer knowledge, and the ability to work as a team player. Candidates must also have the ability to effectively manage a busy workload while exhibiting good judgment and must be willing to travel to underwriting territory to develop agency relationships.