The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
As a Senior Industrial Hygienist you will be responding in designing/conducting Industrial Hygiene (IH) field surveys to identify/assess physical, chemical or biological health hazards in the workplace. Workload includes field assignments of advanced complexity. Conducts research and gathers/analyzes data to independently develop recommendations/service approach for controlling sources of risk, loss, and cost. Implements recommendations; may act as lead on multi-location accounts. Prepares reports to management that quantify/qualify value of Industrial Hygiene interventions. Provides support and assistance to internal market partners in the selection, acquisition and retention of profitable business. Participates in projects to develop/maintain service tools and standard operating procedures. Mentor less experienced staff.
- With limited oversight, provides direct IH field consulting service to both internal and external customers including comprehensive quality risk evaluations and assessments by conducting extensive research and data collection on chemical, physical, and biological hazards and exposures, indoor air quality issues, and other occupational disease hazards.
- Under the direction of Risk Control Services (RCS) Account Consultant meets with large multi-location customers to plan IH service and coordinate service delivery with field IH staff countrywide.
- Develops procedures and service protocols associated with IH consulting service.
- Work with Consulting Hygienist to research new information and keep up-to-date with changing occupational health standards and guidelines.
- Assists in the development of internal generalist Industrial Hygienist skills in the Liberty Mutual RCS Field Operations consulting population.
- May direct and participate in training of internal and external customers. Also provides compliance consulting services and may review work done by other less experienced professionals as required by the internal and external customers.
- Provide various internal departments with information and guidance as it relates to RCS, Claims, Underwriting and Distribution.
- Maintains technical skills and CIH and/or CSP designation and insurance/safety designations as appropriate through ongoing training, education, etc
- May publish scientific research in peer-reviewed or trade journals and/or present technical research papers or posters at local and national conferences.
- May collaborate with the CI Research Center on publications.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of risk management; occupational disease risk assessment and control; and risk control services
- Knowledge of software applications designed to facilitate data aggregation and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to consult with and influence all levels of an organization
- Advanced problem-solving, research and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills for documenting service plans and management reports
- Knowledge, skills and other capabilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related field and 5-7 years' progressively responsible, relevant consulting experience in an industrial hygiene/loss control environment
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices