The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
The Liberty Mutual US Technology Data and Analytics Engineering (DAE) team is seeking a passionate Solution Architect for its Data Strategy & Design (DS&D) team to design our multi-year data & technology strategy for a holistic data ecosystem enabling business and technology capabilities through solutions in data management, Lakehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Science/Advanced Analytics via cloud technologies. This individual will work within the Data and Analytics Engineering (DAE) group within US Retail Markets (USRM) Technology reporting to the Director of Data Strategy & Design (DS&D) team.
As aSolutions Architectyoull be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up?and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
What you will do
- Leverage your expertise to create strategies for a modern, scalable, and resilient data and analytics platform.
- Act as a technology thought leader, coach, and mentor in Solution Architect capacity to guide engineering teams across DAE on various strategic initiatives.
- Partner with enterprise and domain architects to align reference architecture to a multi-year, business-aligned roadmap transitioning from disparate legacy tools and processes to a target-state single system of insight.
- Influence the prioritization of enhancements to ensure applications are modernized and maintained to support growth, business development and to meet the long-term product vision.
- Collaborate with a team of senior data technologists, data designers, and data modelers charged with providing emerging technologies and designs to incubate and test new solutions, create implementation, operationalization approach and to ensure consistent application across DAE solutions.
- Communicate a clear, consistent technology vision within the Data Analytics and Engineering (DAE) space through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Evangelize strategic and technical roadmaps to leadership and aligned teams.
- Enable business and IT vision to span all data platforms (relational, NoSQL) and data tools (Data Visualization, Data Catalog, Data Virtualization and Advanced Analytics/Data Science)
- Stay informed on initiatives across the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes, and structures.
- Motivated mentor: With approachability and partnership being key, leverage your technical expertise and experience to coach and collaborate with our Agile software engineers at all levels.
- Lead by example: Has the desire and drive to be a hands-on Architect advancing the data product features and functions to the end customer while promoting a culture of continuous improvementand innovationby finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhanceprofitability.
- Strategic partner: You will partner closely with the Director, Scrum Master, and aligned Architectto help guide, lead, and influence the work alignedto the agile squads.
- Explore and lead proof of technology of new and emerging technologies to support business or technology needs.
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field
- 10 or more years and multiple implementations of hands-on big data, data warehouse and/or analytics data engineering experience using RDBMS and NoSQL data platform technologies, ETL, and Data ingestion protocols.
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary data warehousing, lake house, and lake techniques, ETL/ELT tooling, and methods
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to evolving technologies and industry trends such as Generative AI, ML and real-time analytics.
- Extremely strong communication skills, written, verbal, and through visual presentations with the ability to explain and document complex initiatives and architectures for understanding by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with delivering executive presentations and materials.
- A history of leadership building sustainable patterns and standards
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS) and relevant services (e.g., Lambda, s3, Athena, Aurora)
- Experience using job orchestration tools (e.g., Airflow, Control-M, CA ESP, Snowflake tasks)
- Experience developing or architecting performant, cost efficient, and scalable data products and solutions.
- Expertise in a wide variety of database technologies, preferably Snowflake
Experience in these areas is a plus:
- Experience modeling and maintaining Data Vault 2.0 models.
- Experience with streaming/event-based data services and tools (e.g., Kafka)
- Experience working with Data Vault automation tools (e.g., Vault Speed, Where Scape, coalesce.io)
- Experience using Informatica Data Management Cloud
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices