Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
The Senior Internal IT Auditor will provide comprehensive reviews of the Company's IT processes, internal controls, and risk management practices to ensure: the effectiveness and efficiency of operations; reliability and integrity of financial and operational information; safeguarding of assets; compliance with laws, regulations, and contracts. This position exists to perform audits that generate recommendations to improve controls and processes, and ensures implementation of said processes, which will support the company's goals of revenue growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Conducts and leads IT related audits of Company departments, programs, or processes designed to ensure that an adequate internal control structure exists, risks are properly identified and managed, and process efficiency is improved.
- Prioritizes and schedules audits based on the audit plan and the needs of the Company.
- Evaluates and appraises the functions and processes of each area or program with an emphasis on risk exposure, internal controls, and process improvement.
- Designs and executes appropriate objectives, scope, and work programs for audits based upon review of documented procedures and discussions with departmental management and supervisory executives.
- Evaluates and appraises processes, policies, and procedures of each department or program to ensure they are comprehensive and appropriate.
- Prepares written reports on the findings of each audit with recommendations for new or changed policies, procedures, internal controls, and/or process improvements.
Provides expertise, project management, and guidance both inside and outside the Internal Audit function.
- Ensures utilization of documented procedures within each department, assisting departments in development of written procedures, as necessary.
- Engages in mediation process with audited department as to implementation.
- Refers irreconcilable recommendations to departmental management.
- Follows up on approved recommendations within scheduled time frames.
- Participates in process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Functions as internal audit's primary contact for the IT department.
- Reviews existing as well as new IT projects to ensure adequate risk management, internal controls, and compliance with regulatory authority.
- Consults with external auditors where appropriate.
- Assists with discrete risk evaluation and internal control functions as assigned.
- Identifies and assesses strategic risks.
- Participates in the development of the annual audit plan and internal audit risk assessment.
- Assists with the department's analytics and automation efforts.
Maintains current professional practice knowledge and educates constituencies.
- Provides compliance support for Company departments in the areas of IT risk and exposure, internal controls, and process improvements.
- Participates in professional organizations relevant to the internal audit field.
- Stays abreast of new technology related regulations and standards affecting the company and the insurance industry.
- Provides regular education about audit requirements, regulatory compliance, and process efficiency to customers and other constituencies as requested.
- Serves as the IT audit specialist for integrated business audits.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Business, Insurance, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant training and progressive experience in internal auditing, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT auditing required.
- Certified Information Services Auditor (CISA) desired.
- Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of IT control frameworks, cybersecurity frameworks, and internal audit standards required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and organizational skills required.
- Computer proficiency required (Excel, Outlook, Word). Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, or legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Required to travel within a set territory to each insureds' office location to conduct audits.
The salary range listed for this position, $86,247.55 to $145,450.54, is exclusive of fringe benefits and potential bonuses. If hired at ICW Group, your final base salary compensation will be determined by factors such as skills, experience and/or education. In addition, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We typically do not hire towards the maximum of the range in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. We also offer a substantial benefits package outlined below.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
- Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
- You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
- We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical, dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans and company match
- Bonus potential for all positions
- Paid Time Off with an accrual rate of 5.23 hours per pay period (equal to 17 days per year)
- 10 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
ICW Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICW Group will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.