The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Liberty Mutual Surety is currently recruiting for a Surety Underwriter to join our team.
As a Surety Underwriter you will market, underwrite, and service independent agents, brokers, and Transactional Contract Surety accounts within an assigned territory. Using your excellent rapport building skills, you will build and maintain positive relationships and will market to your territory focusing on relationship building rather than transactional sales. You will also use your business and financial acumen to perform primary credit underwriting and financial/risk analysis, provide recommendations, and make decisions on new and existing accounts. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated surety professional looking to grow their career with a top surety company that focuses on its employees and customers first.
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the world's largest global Surety, including in the United States. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries, we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries.
- Market and Underwrite Transactional Contract business in MD, DC, & VA
- Credit Based Under moderate supervision, markets, underwrites and services moderately complex risks for a book of business typically associated with a specified geographic area and/or producer plant.
- Solicits surety account submissions from assigned producer plant via marketing efforts.
- May provide technical expertise and direction to less experienced underwriters and helps maintain underwriting standards of business in the office.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or related field typically required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience expected, typically 4 or more years surety underwriting experience and/or equivalent surety related business experience preferred.
- Proven analytical ability to evaluate and judge underwriting risks within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analyses and information in understandable written and/or oral directives to other persons in the organization for underwriting or training purposes.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with agents, brokers, CPAs, bankers, attorneys, etc. required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices