The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.Description
Technology Finance is looking for an energetic, analytical, forward looking manager with strong communication skills to lead the financial operations team. This role is critical in delivering timely and accurate IT financial results monthly, ensuring relevant controls are in place, and providing expense data and financial tools for monthly forecasting and annual planning. They should have an eye towards efficiency for streamlining processes and evaluating the financial ecosystem- across IT. This will be key in supporting other Tech Finance teams and the Technology organization in providing business value to its customers. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a dynamic environment and can work collaboratively across other Corporate Finance teams, while leading an onshore and offshore team.
Depending on location this may be a hybrid position and will require a minimum of 2 days in office.
- Independently manages an operations team supporting Technology with ultimate responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of the work.
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of Tech expenses and Internally Developed Software, adhering to book close timelines.
- Deliver monthly operational reporting providing detail on posted financials, provide analysis and ensure reasonableness on actual and forecasted financial data.
- Support Application, Global Digital Services, and Global Cybersecurity Finance teams to achieve their goals of accurate expenses and chargeback, consistent reporting, and robust forecasting, through the most efficient use and consolidation of data and financial systems.
- Supports book close operations, forecasting and understands full process, timelines, and dependencies.
- Drive efficiencies and consistency across the organization where possible.
- Support the making IT spend count Strategic Tech Priority by making effective and efficient use of our funding and providing Finance the tools to perform multi-year expense projections.
- Manages month end book close deliverables/finance operations and operational reporting. This includes booking accurate Tech spend (journal entries, accruals, etc.) and billing Tech SBU chargeback at a granular level of detail for IT cost transparency.
- Maintains and administers financial and metric results in various financial systems (Apptio,Hyperion, Nicus, SAP, Power BI reporting environment)
- Ensures accurate reporting of financial results to support Technology Finance and their underlying SBU business partners. Reach common goal of more streamlined forecasting/budgeting, less reconciliations between systems, simplified reporting, and increased transparency.
- Recommends and prioritizes financial ecosystem enhancements, working with the operational excellence manager and Technology IT squad.
- Governs the Internally Developed Software Process; Adheres to attestation requirements and establishes key controls to satisfy audit requests. Directs the completion and response to all internal and external financial audit requests.
- Supports annual planning process by loading new financial assumptions, communicating results, and preparing finance systems to plan for future years.
- Ensure that the Technology financial systems are updated to deliver an accurate and timely department spend and SBU charge back budget with IDS- having one source of the truth.
- Supports Strategic projects across Technology and Corporate Finance (Transition to SAP, Retirement of financial systems, M&As, Changes in audit requirements, New legal entities). This entails participating in and leading cross-functional teams with Tax, Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Accounting Policy, Legal, and Procurement.
- Directly responsible for the performance of individual contributors who perform month end accounting, reconciliations, and analysis, including an external offshore team. Develop and coach internal staff and define individual performance objectives, aligning with organizational objectives.
- Experience supporting Technology Finance preferred.
- Apptio and SAP system experience preferred.
- Bachelor`s degree (Finance or Accounting) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of finance experience.
- Must demonstrate ability to execute thoroughly in a fast-paced work environment, adapting quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.
- Facilitates cross-functional collaboration and communicates effectively to a wide variety of audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable leading meetings and making presentations to increasingly large audiences. Advanced understanding of Finance Tools and Analytical Methods.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Fair Chance Notices