Senior Benefits Consultant
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available.
The Senior Benefits Consultant will play the critical role of lead consultant and strategist with our larger, more sophisticated clients in the employee benefits advisory space. This role will be responsible for all aspects related to client service, client management, and ultimately will be responsible for client satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept coaching in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Monitor trends and proactively make recommendations to clients to improve the effectiveness of employee benefit program/design.
- Direct the marketing team on the desired strategy for clients and monitor the marketing process to ensure timelines are maintained.
- Collaborate with Producer regarding pre-renewal, renewal, and post-renewal meetings for clients.
- Collaborate with Producers on new client acquisition.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the department on alternative funding products such as self-funding, level funding, Referenced Based Pricing, outsourced Pharmacy Benefit Management, etc.
- Develop and implement processes and policies to improve overall client service.
- Support the SAE/AE on the team and serve as a back-up to conduct open enrollment meetings.
- Support the fulfillment team by serving as a back up to the AE/SAE or CSM in the final audit of the benefit admin system before deployment.
- Develop and execute project plans, coordinate with team members for delivery on client projects, and ensure delivery against project goals.
- Work in collaboration with team to ensure completion of compliance activities for clients such as 5500s, SPDs, Wraps, ACA filings, etc.
- Coordinate with the fulfillment team to present and facilitate compliance audits with the clients and address deficiencies.
- Compile and analyze claim reports, utilization data and performance metrics and present to client at established frequency.
- Coordinate with the fulfillment team to assist clients with contribution analysis and ACA Affordability assessments.
- Proactively support the client with MLR Rebate distribution annually.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the 1095 codes and in coordination with the assigned SAE/AE act as a resource to clients to consult on the ACA filing process.
- Support CSM/AE/SAE and clients on escalated service issues.
- Continually monitor applicable legislative issues applicable to Employee Benefits and share developments with the Department.
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier & vendor relationships.
- Mentor and develop junior colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with the team to meet agency goals and contribute significantly to make continuous progress on agency wide KPIs.
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches.
- Actively support the Employee Benefits Division Manager on global initiatives such as seminars, webinars, and alerts.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments and organic “add on” lines of coverage with existing clients.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Follow established departmental and agency processes and procedures, tracking activities, client history, and communication with client and documenting them in the agency system.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 2-15 Life & Health License Required
- Bachelor’s degree ( Master’s degree preferred), and 5 to 7 years relevant agency experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System, preferred
- Professional Certifications (CEBS, GBA) preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work without constant oversight
- Excellent communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use fingers and hands; as well as be required to stand and walk frequently, to speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports To: Employment Benefits Department Manager
Position Type: Exempt
Other: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Continuing Education
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP