Sr. Property Claims Adjuster *$7,500 Sign-On Bonus*
Mutual of Enumclaw was founded in 1898 by local farmers who wanted to look out for each other. That spirit continues to define our company culture. We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. Our employees are proud of our thoughtful approach to insurance, and it shows. In February 2023, for the eleventh year in a row, we were recognized as one of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business magazine (based on a survey of our employees).
Mutual of Enumclaw works exclusively with local independent agents to offer insurance products for individuals, families, farms, and businesses. We currently operate in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Montana and Wyoming.
One open position will be located in Snohomish County, Washington State - *$7,500 Sign-On Bonus to Assist with Relocation Expenses*
The hiring range represents Mutual of Enumclaw’s current hiring pay scale for this role. Mutual of Enumclaw reserves the right to modify or update this range any time. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits and perks we offer, please visit our website.
Hiring Range: 79,769 - 89,591 DOE
Salary Range: 79,769 - 99,953
Job Summary / Objective:
Determine coverage, investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and resolve moderate complex property insurance claims; reports to Property Claims Supervisor.
- Provide Ethical, Responsive, Personal and Efficient claim service
- Apply strategic approach to adjusting personal, farm and commercial lines property claims within the states Mutual of Enumclaw conducts business.
- Interact with policyholders, agents, contractors, independent adjusters and other vendors/partners to facilitate accurate, prompt claims resolution
- Effectively manage workload while maintaining focus on claims quality and timely customer service
- Recognize and refer claims for subrogation and fraud potential
- Conduct field or desk investigations and inspections of damaged property, and direct service providers in such activity with an emphasis of completing field work and structural claim resolution while on site or virtually
- May require after-hours duty/availability
- Knowledge of insurance policies and regulatory environments
- Demonstrated history of highly inquisitive claim investigation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and claims related software programs including Xactimate and Xactanalysis
- Ability to individually create accurate reconstruction and rebuilding estimates and obtain agreement on repair costs and timeline from appropriate stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including conflict resolution and problem solving
- Resilient and adaptable in a demanding and changing environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s preferred or equivalent business/industry experience
- Insurance industry designation(s)/certification(s) preferred
- 5-7 years insurance property field claims adjusting experience
- Familiarity with structural construction building practices and principles
- 5+ years field estimating experience
- Must be able to climb ladders, perform inspections of damaged structures
- Must be able to negotiate steep stairs and roofs
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to drive long distances in a company-provided vehicle