Risk Management Consultant
3 days left
- Builders Mutual Insurance Company
- Chesapeake, Virginia
- $75,000 - $99,000
- Jan 26, 2023
- Mar 27, 2023
- Premium Audit
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
At Builders Mutual, we believe in the power of a team to get the job done right.
Our team, does their best work each day, creating a one-stop resource for all commercial insurance solutions and construction safety resources, leading to powerful results. Our cultural elements of teamwork, inclusion, expertise, and community aren't just words on a page—it's integral to who we are, how we work, and what sets us apart. We live out our values every day, striving to serve better and achieve more.
The success of our company is rooted in teamwork, the way we care about the people we work with and serve. Leverage your industry expertise and join our expanding team in this Risk Management Consultant (RMC) role for the Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach area of Virginia | Northeast, NC areas. This field role will allow you to set your schedule working from your home office; you will be in the field about 3-4 days per week with overnight travel as needed. You will travel to our Raleigh office for meetings and company events up to four times a year.
The Risk Management Consultant (RMC) will play a critical role in the review and assessment of current and potential clients during the underwriting/renewal process. The position requires a high degree of construction safety and health knowledge as well as excellent training and customer service skills.
Your WORK as a Risk Management Consultant will make a difference by:
- Identify and survey accounts in assigned region
- Schedule and conduct client surveys
- Prepare and submit survey reports within required timeframes
- Conduct periodic safety talks in areas of proficiency as requested by clients, associations, and manager
- Provide risk management services information and marketing information to potential and current clients
- Exhibit excellent time management skills and have the ability to work from a home office with little direct supervision
- Conduct business in a professional manner so as to conserve and protect the corporate assets of Builders Mutual
- Work with Territory Sales Manager in support of agents within the region
- Working with both our internal staff and external industry partners, ability to overnight one-two nights per month with the potential for more as business needs arise.
Skills to get the JOB done RIGHT:
- BA / BS in a Science / Technology field and have a minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience in safety/risk management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Highly effective in time management
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TO WORK HERE
Builders Mutual cares about you, and we offer comprehensive employee benefits built to support your success and wellbeing, including:
- Market-driven compensation and bonus plan
- 3 weeks of paid time off (and your birthday too!)
- 37.5-hour work week; end your Friday at 2:30 PM
- Builders University for employees, dedicated to supporting the development and enhancing expertise
- Earn swag and extra time off through peer recognition Builders Bucks program
LIFE at Builders Mutual
- Collaboration| You are part of a team working together to reach a common goal.
- Empowerment| You will feel trusted, valued, and given the resources to be successful.
- Flexibility| You will be part of a dynamic work environment designed to allow you to do your best work while also creating the best possible customer experience.
- Impact| You will positively influence our business, customers, and industry.
- Sense of pride | You will tell others how much you enjoy working at Builders Mutual.