Manager, Equipment Breakdown
Plans, organizes and leads the Equipment Breakdown line of business, with accountability for attaining profit, new business, retention and other operational objectives. Focuses on operating with efficiency, building expertise, and growing profitably. Collaborates with Product Management and executes the segment strategy while developing infrastructure and technology.
- Work with the Product Management group to develop the Equipment Breakdown strategy (coverage, underwriting appetite, risk classes, pricing, controls, etc.) execute the strategy to attain profit, growth, diversification, and operational objectives.
- Ensure managers focus efforts on sources of profitable growth by strengthening underwriter expertise, making process/technology improvements, and exercising prudent expense management.
- Improve consistency of execution against appetite by implementing better funnel management practices, collaborating with other internal partners, workforce management, and closely monitoring performance.
- Direct the selection, ongoing development, and management of underwriters and engineers ensure that managers foster expertise through training, development, coaching/mentoring and other mechanisms.
- Develop and maintain underwriting guidelines, compliance and controls for the EB line of business oversee audits of underwriter performance.
- Evaluates underwriting performance based on financial analysis, including rate, pre-tax operating income, reserve adequacy, reinsurance, operational, planning and product reviews.
- Technical skills: Advanced knowledge of commercial property and equipment breakdown, including competitive dynamics; insurance operations; finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; reinsurance; account management; underwriting; risk engineering; producer management; product development and industry trends
- Professional/General Business skills: Managerial courage; ability to set direction, create alignment and inspire/motivate; creativity/entrepreneurial skills; work cross-functionally by engaging and motivating people; negotiation; influencing others; communicating effectively (listening, verbal, written, etc);adapt, learn quickly, and respond effectively to varied and intense challenges is normally acquired through an advanced degree or equivalent training, 12 or more years of relevant experience, several of which should be in an operations management capacity
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.