Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Discovery is a data products platform aiming to collect and present valuable data to inform decisions in our cloud space. We use a real-time, event-oriented architecture to ingest data from a broad set of engineering and DevOps tools.
Our Tech Stack is primarily:
- Tools: RabbitMQ, Apache Airflow
- Storage: Aurora Postgres, AWS S3
- Services: CloudFoundry, AWS Lambda
- Deliver high-quality working software: demonstrated ability to deliver a working product from requirements. Has delivered solutions in the absence of complete information.
- Data Engineering: demonstrated capability to transform, persist, and relate data across a variety of discrete sources.
- Collaborative partnership: Work with customers across the enterprise to identify, execute, and improve upon data products which meet short- and long-term data needs. Partner with platform owners and data producers to facilitate data ingestion and normalization.
- Comprehensive problem-solving: As you manage the end-to-end development of software products, you'll analyze issues at the system level and handle any complications that arise by implementing effective solutions
- Forward thinking: Simply fixing the problem isn't enough; using your proactive mindset and initiative, you'll continually look for ways to improve performance, quality and efficiency
- Generally, five years of software engineering experience
- A background in business operations and strategies, with a focus on business IT
- Proficiency in translating client requirements into technical designs and code
- Experience in using and managing cloud resources and services (compute, database and storage)
- Agile engineering capabilities and a design-thinking mindset
- Collaboration, adaptability, flexibility and the ability to manage time and prioritize work with a globally distributed development team
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a knack for explaining your decision-making process to non-engineers
- A thorough grasp of IT concepts, business operations, design and development tools, system architecture and technical standards, shared software concepts and layered solutions and designs
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.