Senior Software Engineer - Remote
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
If you're a curious learner who has a penchant for getting things done, thrives on solving challenging technical problems, and enjoy working on high visibility business solutions, we want you to join our tech team! GRM US - PL PRODUCTS TECH is actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a talented agile team working to support, enhance and build products in the either a squad supporting the Quoting Platform or Vendor Services. In addition, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience building and maintaining cloud-native architectures that supports a global customer base. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative projects that impact the entire enterprise.
In this role you will.
- Develops maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Conduct impact analysis.
- Develop component design.
- Develop/Contribute to system/application architecture.
- Develop production support documentation.
- Interact with customers and engineering team to gather and define requirements.
- Work within agile team on iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
- Provide functional/system integration testing support.
- Plan work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues.
- Understand and leverage the existing CI/CD pipeline.
- Mentor new Engineers and junior Engineers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Generally, 4+ years of professional experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies (microservices and AWS a plus).
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. Business function(s) and of business operations.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
Highly competitive applicants will have the following:
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Tooling & CI/CD Git, Bamboo, AWS, Kuberneties
- Testing/Quality You care about quality, and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Experience driving platform modernization initiatives including microservices, cloud deployment and technologies such as: AWS, Java, NodeJS, Spring Boot, Kafka
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP) is preferred
- An eye toward Agile Software craftsmanship
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.