Network Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Network Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Liberty Mutual's Global Cybersecurity group is responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization. We partner with teams across the company to continually optimize our security posture while maintaining a hyper-focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual physical data centers and cloud environments.
- Evaluates, designs and supports security solutions globally to include regional data centers, Liberty Mutual local offices, and cloud environments, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud (GCP).
- Supports security application development initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration.
- Supports security incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
- Acts as an established member of an agile team focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
- Serves as an established team member supporting security projects or sub-projects of increasing complexity.
- Identifies possible process improvements that address functional and technology gaps within a single business process of moderate complexity.
- Analyzes and prepares moderate to complex technology recommendations.
- Proficient understanding of and makes connections to potential impact on business strategy.
- Experienced with network security technologies from such vendors as Palo Alto, Juniper, VMWare, F5, Zscaler, AWS, Microsoft, GCP and Akamai.
- Experienced delivering infrastructure as code using such tools as Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM Templates, development IDE's, CI/CD pipelines and Gitbhub.
- Experienced in data analysis and reporting using Splunk and network and security logs in support of data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- Experienced in software development using Python and other programming languages.
- Able to guide and verify the secure design and development of technical solutions.
- Able to analyze and influence network security technology selection, design, implementation and operations.
- Able to support the development and implementation of effective network security controls.
- Able to identify gaps in existing security processes, methodology, and policies and recommend technical solutions.
- Able to drive, adopt, and enforce best practices in network security solutions and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally 8+ years of professional experience
- Industry cybersecurity and/or technology certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies, IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols
- Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements
- Comfortable with agile working environments to include both SCRUM and KANBAN
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Basic proficiency of operational framework capabilities to include dimensional and lateral thinking, architectural analysis, business analysis and financial disciplines, data integration and analysis, and computational thinking
- Proficiency across security and compliance, social networking, application delivery, mobile competency, system and technology integration, system software infrastructure, and workplace adaptability
- Experience with information security risk management framework, assessment, audit and controls based on industry standard frameworks (e.g., NIST; ISO; CIS, etc.)
- Experience with regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI; GDPR; CCPA; etc.)
- Experience using GRC tools and technologies in support of the analysis process (RSA Archer, Security Scorecard, etc.)
- Experience gathering information from a range of different sources to help identify weaknesses in security controls
- Proficient with security control design, development, implementation, and monitoring
Demonstrated experience across multiple information security domains preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.