Senior Actuarial Analyst/ Actuary - Corporate Reserving
Corporate Actuarial Reserving is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst or Actuary to support the comprehensive analysis and communication of the risks associated with loss-related balance sheet items. The role will include exposure to all lines of business across the GRM, GRS, and Corporate balance sheets. Primary responsibilities include the execution of Actuarial reserve studies and the development of reserve monitoring tools, so that Senior Management can take accelerated action, and so that our external partners can have confidence in the strength of our balance sheet. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to execute thoroughly in a collaborative environment.
- Partner with SBUs (Actuarial, Claims, Underwriting) to understand impacts of initiatives and book of business changes, and incorporate into ongoing reserve analyses
- Clearly communicate results and methods to Corporate and SBU management
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of methods and activities
- Develop effective tools for monitoring internal and external indications
- Build and implement process improvement initiatives
- Manage ad hoc projects, collaborating with team members
- If applicable, positive progress towards pursuing and passing of required actuarial exams
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations or remote. Compensation will vary based on location, experience and education.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 35 years relevant experience along with passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required for Sr. Actuarial Analyst grade level.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience along with ACAS or FCAS is required for Actuary grade level.
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); Ability to build models of moderate complexity.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.