Technical Claims Specialist - Complex Workers Compensation
Advance your claims career with Liberty Mutual Insurance!
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for a Technical Claims Specialist within our Workers Compensation division. This role can be filled as a Technical Claims Specialist I or II, depending on candidate experience. In this role, under general supervision and established practices, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation and disposition of complex Workers Compensation (WC) cases of moderate to high exposure. The Technical Claims Specialist has developed a solid understanding of Workers Compensation claims handling techniques, generally as a result of progressing through the Case Manager job family.
GRS North America Claims is excited to announce our go forward strategy to provide employees with the flexibility to work from home full-time. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and should reside within a reasonable commute of our Syracuse, NY or Bala Cynwyd, PA hub offices to attend occasional collaborative activities with your team, as needed.
- Investigates claims to determine whether coverage is provided, establish compensability and verify exposure.
- Resolves claims within authority and makes recommendations regarding case value and resolution strategy to Branch Office Management on cases which exceed authority.
- Works closely with staff and outside defense counsel in managing litigated files according to established litigation management protocols.
- Identifies and appropriately handles suspicious claims.
- Identifies and appropriately handles claims with third party subrogation and SIF potential.
- Understands the MSA process and how best to maximize their value. Establishes and maintains accurate reserves on all assigned files.
- Makes timely reserve recommendations to Branch Office Management on cases which exceed authority. Prepares for and attends mediation sessions and/or settlement conferences and negotiates on behalf of LMG and LMG Insureds.
- Makes recommendations regarding strategy on litigated files.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand key data elements and claims related data analysis.
- Confers directly with policyholders on coverage and resolution strategy issues.
- Establishes and updates "Action Plans" on assigned claims which clearly reflect file status and disposition strategy.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience is required.
- In addition, the candidate will generally possess 3-5 years of related claims experience. Primary experience in the jurisdictions of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, Maine, New Jersey, Delaware, Vermont and New Hampshire is preferred
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with high exposure WC claims is strongly desired!
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.