Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$58,600.00 - $96,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?National Accounts Finance is seeking a highly motivated financial consultant to join our TPA (Third Party Administrator) Data Quality team. Under moderate supervision, this individual will be responsible for processing excess loss reimbursements and all related activity for the National Accounts unbundled book. Under Moderate Supervision, responsible for conducting and documenting moderately complex financial/ accounting/expense analysis assignments. Maintain high standard of day-to-day execution, i.e. ownership of work assignments, and accurate and timely financial information to our internal and external business partners.
Position does not manage others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Prepare, evaluate, and validate financial and operational reports.
- Analyze, interpret, and validate trends and variances in business performance, while interacting with cross functional peers on limited basis.
- Synthesize and present exhibits, results, and observations to direct manager and team members.
- Support your financial partners in the preparation of analyses to support business strategy.
- Review competitor press releases, SEC filings, and industry trade press for helpful insights.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or professional designations such as CPA, CMA or comparable advanced professional education.
- Knowledge of Financial Analysis concepts and processes, and accounting practices and principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and effectively covey information.
- Ability to leverage analytical skills access and gather data, including a basic understanding of what the data represents.
- Ability to proactively manage time and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to solve challenges and make recommendations for more efficient processes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Financial Reporting Software (e.g., TM1, Essbase, Hyperion, etc.).
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.