Catastrophe, Virtual Inside Property Claims Adjuster
The Inside Catastrophe team is responsible for investigating and resolving property claims which cannot be completed in the regional field property groups. As an Inside Catastrophe adjuster, you will be responsible for the investigation, analysis, and partnership with Field Adjustors and/or Independent Adjustors to resolve channeled Property loss claims within assigned authority limits and consistent with policy and legal requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional level of service to our customers when they need us the most.
It is strongly recommended that you live in Plano or Orlando as well within 50 miles radius since we are moving toward the hybrid approach.
This is a hybrid desk position and not a field adjusting position. Local travel can be expected for occasional collaborative meetings.
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory.
- Under guidance, partners closely with field adjustors and/or independent adjustors to investigate and determine appropriate coverage for Property claims while providing exceptional customer service throughout the life cycle of the claim.
- Determines policy coverage, sets reserves, and determines whether claim will be approved or denied, including recommendations made by independent and/or field adjustors. Clearly explains coverage to customer and notifies insured of coverage or any issues. Can handle supplements and refers others as appropriate.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services, according to the appropriate coverage, such as contractors, experts, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services while ensuring the customer is appropriately communicated to.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the life cycle of claim cases. Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim
- Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits. Closes claim files upon completion of final payment.
- Participates in suit committees, roundtables, arbitrations and mediations.
- May complete training and courses to become an Area Coaching Expert status. Participates in continuous improvement activities as assigned
- Requires working knowledge of claims handling procedures and operations.
- Understands and can write structural damage estimates of channeled Property losses of low complexity.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and at least 1 year of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.